Thursday, March 4, 2010

Be Good to Yourself

I used to feel sorry for people. Now, I feel empathy more than sympathy.  When looking at all of the pain in the world, the suffering, the anger and the evil, I don’t look at situations from the perspective of, “why is there so much inequality in the world?” anymore.

Working with hypnotherapy and having experienced past life regressions myself, I now see it from a different point of view. Everything happens for a reason. Often, when looking at an effect, we only see the tip of the cause, not the whole thing. So when a person is experiencing certain things from chronic illness to abuse, there is usually something hidden behind the experience meant not only to teach a lesson, but often a karmic balancing. In The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus The Christ, he states that the people who abuse others today are often those who were abused in past lifetimes. (And in my opinion, they lack awareness of how to properly deal with this subconscious pain). And vice versa; when someone is being abused, often, it is because they were an abuser in the past.  

This is not just intellectual babble. I have had to search deep to understand why certain situations have occurred in my life that I felt I did not deserve, and also why I have this unexplainable need (as opposed to want) to want to help, especially those who are hungry. Let's just say in a past life, I was a queen who allowed folks to starve and die, when I could have stepped in to help, but I was too consumed with my own problems. Not a bad person, just selfish to an extent, and paid the ultimate price of death by beheading...OK, I digress, but I'm sure you get the point.

But looking from the outside in, things seem very unfair! It is not right for injustice to occur, yet for some reason, it does, and often. Free Will is the factor that determines how we live our lives and the circumstances of our future lives.  Be good to yourself, and be good to others. Your future is being created every second of every day. One Love.