Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Open Door

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
Helen Keller

I was made to read about Helen Keller in grade school. It started with an excerpt in a textbook, and ended with me checking out a story about her life from the library. And to say it inspired me was an understatement.

I just found this quote by her today. I often say, "when one door closes, another opens," a saying that's been ingrained in my head so long that I forget where I first heard it. But to find this quote by Helen this morning was truly a sign of synchronicity, since it coincides with the one in my head.

So today, let's look for that open door, not anxiously, but consciously, knowing that it must be out there, somewhere, and if we only know this, we will eventually stumble or even coast right through it. One Love.