Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ASK DR. SUNI



I’m 49 years old and I’ve have had migraines as long as I can remember. The headaches come on about twice a month and they used to last a couple of days. Lately they seem to be lasting longer and getting more severe. I can tell when a migraine is coming on because I feel nauseous and my vision gets blurry. Then the throbbing pain starts and every little sound is like thunder in my ears. I have to go where it’s quiet and where I can be in the dark. I practically stay in the dark until the migraine starts to wear off.
 
I would like to get off the prescription medicine and try to some natural remedies. The drugs don’t stop the migraine, they just make them slightly more bearable. I went on your web site and see that you offer alternative remedies. Is there something you can recommend for migraines?

 
Dear S,
Thank you for writing. There are alternative treatments that I can recommend for migraine sufferers. From the viewpoint of the energy healer, migraines result from an energy imbalance between the pineal and the pituitary glands in the brain. From the nutritional point of view, the frequency and severity of migraines can be reduced by making changes in the diet. From the environmental point of view, migraines can be prevented by avoiding toxic odors such as perfumes, paint, cigarette smoke and automobile exhaust fumes.
 
I advise that you start your alternative remedies by scheduling some energy healing treatments. At the same time, I would look at your diet. Do you consume foods that contain MSG, nitrates, nitrites, or artificial sweeteners? Do you drink alcoholic beverages? What is your daily intake of caffeine? Do you do cleansing fasts on a regular basis? Cleansing or detoxifying fasts are an absolute necessity due to the toxic environment we live in today. All these treatments, taken together, will greatly decrease or alleviate the debilitating symptoms of migraine.
 
Should you need help in setting up any of the above treatments, please write to heal@temple-of-healing.org.
 
My prayers are with you. Wishing you love, light and harmony.