Wednesday, June 9, 2010

ASK DR. SUNI

First I want to say that your shows are very interesting and entertaining, even though you talk about metaphysical subjects. I listened to the show on energy vampires and learned a lot from that show. My question is - how can I protect myself if I am a victim of an energy vampire? I have this friend who I see about once a week. I couldn’t understand why I feel so drained and tired every time we get together, not until I heard your radio show. This person constantly has problems, not real problems but made-up ones. She complains about her job, her co-workers, her relatives, and if it’s not one thing it’s another. It’s like she gets a charge out of complaining.

At first I listened and genuinely sympathized with her, but as long as I’ve known her (going on five years) it’s been the same. She has the same general complains but she doesn’t do anything to try and rectify the problems. After a while I began to realize that as soon as we get together, right away I feel a headache coming on. Then when she leaves, I feel tired and drained. It’s at the stage now where I’m making excuses not to get together. I don’t want to hurt her feelings because otherwise she’s a good person. How can I continue the friendship and at the same time protect myself from the energy drain?

Dear Sue,
The energy drain that you feel comes from your friend sending out psychic cords from her third chakra into yours. As I explained on the show, energy vampires suck energy as a defense mechanism. These are people who come into this lifetime to work through their fear that they will never have enough. According to Barbara Ann Brennan, the sucking is an emotional need for physical sustenance from lifetimes when there wasn’t enough food to go around. Some of these people may even have starved to death in a previous life.

One solution is to learn how to respond to your friend in a healing, positive way. When you’re with her, make sure you’re not sitting or standing directly opposite her, but position yourself to the side. Also, be careful not to have direct eye contact with her. These steps will help to prevent streamers from her third chakra and her ajna center (between the eyes) from hooking into you.

Imagine that your third chakra has a protective screen over it so that streamers from her third chakra will not penetrate through the screen. Then in a gentle, loving, way let her know that she has the inner strength to control all aspects of her life. Let her know that she’s safe and sound right here, right now. Keep reinforcing this every time you’re together, and do it without touching her, even if you think she needs a reassuring touch.

If she responds positively to this approach, her defense mechanism will gradually pull back and she’ll feel charged without the need to suck energy from other people.

Please let me know how this approach works for you. Wishing you love, light and harmony.

Send your questions to heal@temple-of-healing.org. Click here to listen to the show on psychic vampires.